Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: PJ's Limerick Comfort Pump

Default PJ's Limerick Comfort Pump

Anyone use this? Know someone who has, can comment? Am currently renting a Medala Symphony but will have to give it back at some point & am looking into something that is good quality that I can use again without concern should we do this baby experiment again .

Default Re: PJ's Limerick Comfort Pump

That looks really nice. And the price is excellent! But I've never used it or tried it. Or even seen one.

Wonder how the soft cups really feel.

And I wonder how strong it is compared to a Symphony. That doesn't seem like enough vacuum.

And...you may not need a hospital grade pump ever again. Every breastfeeding experience is totally different.
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; December 6th, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Haven't had any experience but the Symphony so don't know how others compare. Seems to work alright for me. Pull 20 - 25 oz/day when at work pumping 4-5 times.

Don't think I actually ever needed the hospital grade pump, its just what they stuck on me when I refused to supplement formula. A visiting neonatologist said he was dehydrated & lost too much weight & my milk wasn't coming in. Wasn't even end of day 3 & he was nursing as well as 2 first timers could & when the nursery kept using pacifiers after requested not to. His mouth was dry b/c he kept screaming b/c they kept taking him away to do weight checks. First time they hooked me to it we pulled ~15 mL. He was born on a wednesday & the following monday he was 1 oz past his birth weight. Too lazy & not good at making purchasing decisions so we just kept the symphony. Costs as much to rent for 6 months as it does to buy lower grade. Still a sore spot with me, can you tell?

Figured if I can get a hospital grade for the same price as a higher end single use pump why not? The hours I work if we were able to do this again I would definitely need to pump. I saw one of these on ebay for 150US (hope no one nicks it!). The LC from the hospital & one from the support group here both suggested this one. They will accept a return so I may just go ahead. Also sort of tired of lugging the Symphony around.

I'm thinking about it too.. I rented for $50/month, and by January, that is $900. I have at least 6 more months of EPing and have to buy another professional grade ASAP too. This would make more sense. And I do like the return policy; I tried the Medela soft cups, and they did not work for me, but I was stuck with them. This one takes them back....hmmm.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

So I e-mailed for more information. The way this pump works is apparently different than others. The horns don't suck your nipples into a tunnel, from what they tell me. So I am intrigued. I am trying to get DH to part with $600, but he is arguing with me and just wants to stay with what we have, since we already have the horns.
    Susan

I'm intrigued too. I bought a PISA but am back to renting a Symphony and hauling it to work because it works so much better and faster. But it's expensive and I have many months to go!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!