Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Random Vomiting?

Default Random Vomiting?

(I'm posting this in the solids forum since it started not long after starting solids. If it belongs in another forum, I apologize!)

I'll try to keep this short. I'm looking for suggestions about my son randomly vomiting three times in the past almost three weeks. My son is 7 months old. We started oatmeal and purees right around 6 months. In the past 2.5 weeks, my son has vomited (not spit up, truly vomited) three times. The only things the incidents have in common is that they were all within a few hours of eating solids (twice oatmeal and once avocado), all in the evening, and that he's been congested off and on for several weeks. The first time, he seemed to feel bad for about an hour surrounding the vomiting. The other two times, he was the happiest little vomiter I've ever seen! I've gone over and over the similarities and differences, and these are the things that seem note-worthy.

My mother worries about everything, but even she doesn't think it's a big deal. She and my husband suspect that it's probably excess mucus upsetting his stomach. We are between pediatricians right now, so I thought maybe someone on here could offer a suggestion or even just an agreement with the mucus suggestion. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Random Vomiting?

Did he throw up just once each time? Or did it go on for a while?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Random Vomiting?

Each "vomiting session" took place over the course of between 20 minutes and an hour and a half. The first time, he threw up multiple times, to the point of me finding a teeny tiny bit of pink in his diaper the next morning. (He'd nursed well over night, though, so that didn't become an issue.) The second and third time, he threw up 3 times each.