Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medication to induce?

Default Medication to induce?

I emailed my Dr. To see if they would prescribe something to help relactation. He said that "reglan" is common for moms to ask for but has never seen success with it. Anyone have luck with prescription medication to relactate or induce lactation? Which medication?

Pumping for 3.5 weeks, change of BC, and taking fenugreek. Persistent and motivated

Default Re: Medication to induce?

Some moms have used it, but more moms seem to use domperidone.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Okay thank you! Just emailed my Dr. back about that one.

If you're in the US, be aware that obtaining Domperidone may be problematic. It is not FDA-approved, though it is commonly used in the EU and Canada. As far as I know, the only way to legally obtain Domperidone in the US is through a compounding pharmacy.

I used Reglan and had no side-effects from it other than increased milk supply.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I recently relactated, and now I ebf my son. I used Domperidone. You can get it online. I've had great success with it. I am still on it, kind of scared to wean but I will see how that goes when the time comes. PM me if you need more information.