Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with pump when done w/ BF

Default Re: What to do with pump when done w/ BF

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    It is a closed system pump.
    That one won't get mold in it. I use the Lansinoh version of that pump (it's purple, not white). And yes, it's been good. That is one I would give to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    I used a hand-me-down pump, contrary to advice (do as I say, not as I do!) and found that it really started to poop out after six months or so. It had already been used for two children before I got it. Next time, I'll buy a new pump for sure. I think they have a limited lifespan, like Susan said, in addition to the mold concerns.
    I have also used a hand me down, and it wore out in 6 months.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: What to do with pump when done w/ BF

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I have also used a hand me down, and it wore out in 6 months.
    What I learned: The "nine month pumping slump" or "nine month pumping wall" is bad enough when you have a great pump! No need to make it even worse with a pump that just doesn't have suction like it used to!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.