Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fussy at breast could it be OALD? Help Please!!!

Default Fussy at breast could it be OALD? Help Please!!!

I have no idea what is going on w/ Chloe. She is 5wks now and BF has been going well, we have battled thrush (still are!) but all in all it has been good. Now she use to be occasionally fussy at the breast. But all of a sudden the past 2 days she is really fussy at my breast and usually my right one but my left too. She will latch on and start nursing then 1-2mins later she starts to moan/fuss and push away and then cry. And from then on out it is a battle to relatch and get her to nurse properly. She will keep fussing and pushing away. Now I cannot feel letdown at all. I know when it happens she gulps gulps pretty fast. I just don't know what is going on. Can anyone help? It is getting to the point where I dread our nursing session cause I know it will be a battle!

Default Re: Fussy at breast could it be OALD? Help Please!!!

I don't have any advice Sarah, but I just wanted to encourage you to remember that things will get better. Just as you are so positvie to other moms, I wanted you to know I'm sending positive vibes your way!! Good luck - hope Chloe gets back to her happy nursing sessions.

Thanks Debi! It is just so hard, I wish I knew what was wrong.

Collin started doing the same thing yesterday...and I'm wondering if it's the thrush we STILL have. His tounge keeps sticking to the roof of his mouth, and he keeps moving it in and out of his mouth. I too find myself dreading feeding time...this is getting worse and wose every day. The pain is unbearable, so to keep re-latching when he pulls off is pure hell. This breast feeding business is starting to put a damper on the enjoyment of motherhood, as I find mysel DREADING him waking up!