Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weightloss Question....

Default Re: Weightloss Question....

I am with krystine. Nip those self conscious thoughts in the bud RIGHT NOW. If you want to go for a jog with stroller then don't let anybody's negative thoughts (even your own) stop you. You are out there trying to improve yourself. Even if you run 1 mile, that is 1 mile more than most people do in a day. Good for you.

As for diet choices, I have never been a calorie counter. Some people need that to be successful, but I think it is also important to tune into how your body feels. Learn the difference between being hungry versus wanting to eat. Also, get out of the habit of eating just because it is the right time of day. When we depend on the clock to tell us when to eat we forget to listen to what our body wants.

Good luck!
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I would for sure replace your pump. Also make sure to get a double electric. Are you pumping often? I am not sure how long you work. I would try to pump around every 3 hours. Make sure to replace valves often!

I would not give formula at night, just feed on demand, otherwise yes you are compromising your supply every time you give a formula bottle and not yourself. Many babies even if you are not having to pump during the day and all that will feed all night sometimes. It's just normal for many babies, especially during growth spurts and other times.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

I have a 4 month old at home and carrying around 10lbs from the pregnancy. Tried going out running but couldn't jog around the block because of the sensitive breasts. It all came down to going out and shopping for really sturdy & supportive sports bra. Now I jog and do ellipticals at the gym every morning before work - it's the only time I got during the day. Kind of a rough schedule but I've been feeling great and my milk supply hasn't changed one bit. You can do this!! Start small and work your way up.

I hate exercising and sweat in general. But, I know I have to do something to get back to my prepreg weight. DS is 7.5 months, and I've sort of hit a plateau with my weight - still not prepreg.

When doctor gave me the go-ahead at 6 weeks, I started the Couch to 5k program. Like I said, I HATE exercising, but I was determined and had a specific, measurable goal - when he was 14 weeks, I ran a 5k. I was so stinking proud of myself.

I took a hiatus because I got sick and then hubby went back to work (we are teachers), so finding a time to run was hard. We have finally worked out our schedules (and DS is more "predictable"), and I'm back at it. I'm starting the C25k program again.

What I'm saying is, you can do whatever you set your mind to do. I have a horrible sweet tooth as well, and Christmas/Holidays did nothing to help me. I am trying to get all the "junk" out of the house so that I only have good, nutritious choices. At the same time, I'm not going to deprive myself - everyone deserves a little splurge here and there - especially moms!!

Good luck! i know you can do this!!
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Just welcomed Flash 4/24/13 . . . getting to know each other
    Married to the man of my dreams.

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com

You guys totally inspire me.... My little man is seven months old, and I am having THE hardest time- not with the weight, but the motivation! I still have ten pounds left, and things have definitely shifted more to around the middle!! But with my little guy still not sleeping well, I am just wrecked, and feel like some of the other posters. When he naps, I want to sit on my duff and read a book, or take a nap, not clean the house, do laundry, or any of the other thousands of chores. I DEFINITELY don't want to exercise! I do, however, want to look and feel good about myself. Right now I look down at this belly hanging over my pants and think, well that stinks....... but I am too tired to do much about it. My appetite seems pretty voracious, I am not gaining, but stuck where I am at, and probably will gain if I do not start exercising when he starts nursing less. Looking forward to summer..... We like to hike, camp, etc., and it will be nice to get outside with the little guy and the big guy and have some fun at least. I just can't feel motivated for exercise! He will be a year in June and I am saving up for a bike. Hopefully we can get a trailer and start biking him around.... ANyway, all that to say that you guys inspire me for even thinking about exercising, all i want to do is sleep!!!

Megan

i try to workout as often as possible, i am a runner and do some strength training. i have some weight to still lose from my baby but i am working on it. that being said, every time i see someone running/jogging i am JEALOUS, no matter what they look like. i think, damn, i need to get out there too!!! every time! so get out there and inspire those around you!