Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I vent?

Default Re: Can I vent?

I would hide my frozen milk in a box in the freezer. I would leave a tiny bit out, so she can't raid it. Seriously. I'd hide it in a box of turkey burgers or something.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I am having a talk with her Mon, literature in hand. Thanks for the much needed support!
    good, I hope it goes well. I am not sure what you have literature wise but here are two suggestions:

Bottle feeding the breastfed baby and safe human milk handling: http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...fyour_milk.pdf

Your grandchild is breastfed? http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...sbreastfed.pdf

Just a little I understand what you are going through. My mom would do the same thing when she would babysit. I had a stach of 50 extra ounces of EBM and it was all gone within a month of me returning to work. I figured out that my mom would feed him every time he would fuss. Not knowing that it would be other issues. Letting her know there were other ways to get him sleep and soothe made a big difference in how much milk she used. I would talk to your MIL and if you can't come to a compromise, tell her that you would love for her to babysit, but you can't keep up with all the milk she is giving him and what you leave is plenty. If she isn't going to honor your wishes, respectfully tell her you can't have her babysit anymore.. even though I know as well as anyone.. having free babysitting as family is priceless.. it's not worth the stress sometimes.
    Passed my CLC exam!

Mother of 3: 12-25-04 12-3-07 1-13-2011

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Don't let her watch the baby. Is that in any way possible? Always find someone else. Change your locks and don't let her have a key. Put a lock on your freezer. I would be pissed about someone coming in my house without my permission. And stealing my milk without my permission and then feeding it to my baby without my permission.
    Yes, this, exactly.