Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do I say?

Default Re: What do I say?

Thanks ladies! This makes me feel much better!
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

When I was EP'ing for my first DS, we sometimes left the bottle out for a few hours and he drank it down, no problemo.
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lovemygirlso1 View Post
    She could also just run the milk under warm water if she is somewhere with access to a faucet. My midwife said that BM is ok out of the fridge for 8 hours. But no longer. Don't do forumla if you can avoid it. There is no reason at all to.
    someone can correct me but I *think* that means that BM is fine when fresh if left outside the fridge for 8 hours. Frozen and thawed milk should be used within a few hours IIRC.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    someone can correct me but I *think* that means that BM is fine when fresh if left outside the fridge for 8 hours. Frozen and thawed milk should be used within a few hours IIRC.
    But frozen and thawed milk can wait a couple hours.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Frozen and thawed is fine for some hours.

Get her a Playtex Fridge to Go. It's a carrier you keep in the freezer and then put the bottles in. It keeps them chilled. Not for the 12 hours the manufacturer claims. But way long enough for a few outings.

I never warm milk. If baby will take it, it's easy.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    But frozen and thawed milk can wait a couple hours.
    isn't that what I said?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    isn't that what I said?
    Yep. Just reiterating. Probably unnecessarily.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*miniwo View Post
    My DD is now 23.5 weeks old and my mom is our full time babysitter. EVERY TIME she wants to do something outside of her house w/ my DD I get a lecture about how convenient it would be to use formula and how she doesn't know what to do if my DD gets hungry while they are out. I feel like she's waiting for me to give the ok for her to use formula when absolutely necessary but I'm not going to. How can I make things easier for my mom and get her to stop making comments? I tell her to make sure she is fed before they leave the house but I get the feeling like this messes with her schedule too much and that it irritates her. My mom is otherwise supportive of BF.
    HA. Tell her breastmilk travels fine and that she won't be able to take the baby ANYWHERE is she gets SICK. And WHY would you feed her inferior food that cost MONEY when you are making the grade A stuff that is PERFECT for FREE!?!?
    And why is everything your mom feeds frozen thawed milk? Are you not pumping every day at work? Why can't you just leave your fresh milk? Freezer stash milk is emergency milk. You lose some of the antibacterial properties in the freezing/thawing process. Fresh milk can be in the fridge for up to 7days and left out for up to 8hours.

Way too lazy for formula

I give the frozen to rotate out and at the start of the week, she wants enough for the whole week and I'm not always able to pick DD up or pick her up at my moms because she's out and about or is at an appointment. It'd be much easier to give fresh milk I agree!
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

But you shouldn't think like that. And neither should she. Whatever you pump all day while away, you should just leave for her. I understand what you are saying. And if it doesn't work everyday than fine. But I'd still be bringing her MOSTLY fresh milk Giving her all the milk you think you need at the beginning of the week is giving her entirely too much control over what the baby eats a day. Bring her all fresh milk and then pull a couple oz of frozen put per day for just that. The EMERGENCY milk that it would be is your child for some reason ate more than planned. And Frankly I wouldn't thaw it. I'd keep the EMERGENCY milk frozen. That way SHE will really have to work to feed it and will be motivated to make the amount of milk you give her every day really work. Once your milk is thawed, you have a vested interest in it being used. As to not waste it. So much so that you may be allowing her to over feed already. Fresh milk is not only EASIER to deal with, it's HEALTHIER for your baby.

Way too lazy for formula