Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Introducing solids

Default Introducing solids

My ds is 5months now and I have been thought about offering him some solids...from a spoon. We have done some bls but thought we could try some spoon feeding of baby food. Tonight for ****s and giggles I gave him some apple sauce and he REALLY liked it. Very excited and eager for the next bite. My fear is that he will prefer baby food over mommy I guess my question is.....will feeding him a small meal once a day do any damage to my supply and will it turn him against me?

TIA

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Default Re: Introducing solids

A small meal once a day probably won't put the kibosh on your breastfeeding relationship. Remember to always nurse right before solids and keep the portions SMALL. You should be aiming to let your LO have fun with new tastes, textures, and motor skills, not to fill his tummy. Breastmilk is the healthiest substance any of us ever get to eat, and you want to maximize its consumption.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"