Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Are there no A nursing bras out there?!?

Default Are there no A nursing bras out there?!?

I've been wearing a B but now that my milk supply has evened out I'm back to an A. I hate the wired bras because they dig into my ribs and I am quite petite and need a 34 around. I simply cannot find a wireless bra with some padding to help hide the nursing pads I have to wear in that size. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Are there no A nursing bras out ther

Three suggestions:

1 - Try the website Birth and Baby (www.birthandbaby.com). They have an amazing selection of nursing bras, thoughtful reviews, and--most importantly--they'll work with you to help you find the best fit. This is not only about sizing but also about the model and the way each bra is built. They are super-knowledgeable about all this. I was having a lot of trouble finding a nursing bra, and I even emailed them a picture of myself (!) along with measurements so they could suggest the right kind. They have excellent return/exchange policies too.

2 - Try the subforum on Nursing Apparel here (can't remember the exact title, it might be with Nursing in Public). The mamas there always have good suggestions.

3 - If you don't leak a lot, try Bamboobies nursing pads. They are thin and unconspicuous (and also very soft).
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Thank you so much! That site is great!!!

It also leads me to wonder if you really are wearing the right size. I used to have the digging wire problem till I started wearing the right size.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

If all else fails and you or someone you know is crafty, check out a tutorial on how to make a regular bra into a nursing one. Found a few on pinterest....