Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do they call it?

Default Re: What do they call it?

Mr. X is only 12 months so his vocabulary is pretty limited still (although he's got "cat" down pat; "mama" and "dada" are extremely rare, but every morning it's "cat, cat, cat!!!"). When he wants to nurse he signs "milk", then in an excited whisper he says "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!" really quickly.

My first used to say "mama milky". Number two use to demand "milk". As he's gotten older I've been pushing for "mama's milk" and this has turned it into "my milk".

My daughter called it "moo moo's" and now we have taken to referring to breasts as "moo's" or in the singular "moo." As in, "ouch! you sat on my moo!"

However, my 25 month old son, who is still nursing calls it "night night milk." I was teaching him to call it milk, but I would always ask him "you wanna go night night? have milk?" And he just morphed it into night night milk. So no matter what time of day it is, even if it's morning he calls it night night milk.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Haha these are all too good! DD1 always just signed for milk and now that she is older and DD2 is nursing she calls it "milk from mama's boobies" she says "baby sisser (sister) loves mama's milk from her boobies" lol cracks me up.

Baby eats. I love that name. DD named it that. DS is nearly 15 months. I always ask if he would like a baby eats. Hoping he will call it that too.

Aww these are cute. My 10 month old says "Mu! Mu!" (milk) he wants to nurse. He's started saying it in his sleep recently too.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Yeah my 3 year old not so cute mommie boobies please. And if I don't give right away he'll say I said please. I think boobies is just his favorite word its certainly one you can always understand and sometimes he'll sing it just for the fun of saying not really wanting it. My twins used to be his cheerleaders and they would say eat the boobie. He signed for a little bit but then stopped I can't get him to call it anything else.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Nuh Nuhs and it is always in question form. "NUHHNUHHS????"
    Or if demanding it... lol.. NUHNUH!NUHNUHNUHNUHNUH...." until he gets to nurse.

He gets very excited about it. Ben? Do you want Nuhnuhs? "UH HUH!!!!"

When DH is wanting Ben out of his hair for a little while, he often asks him if he wants some Nuh Nuhs. Ben always gets really excited and starts running to me screaming with excitement. I don't mind, but I retaliate with asking Ben if he wants to watch choochoos (Thomas) especially if Chris is watching football lol!!!! Then ben goes running back into the living room begging for CHOO CHOO!!!!!
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

My 15 month old DD calls it "bahb" (prononced like Bob).

Usually she cries "BAHB" and then slams her little head into my chest

I think it's hilarious, and I'm not the least bit embarrassed if she does it in public or when we have guests over....but I realise it's starting to make some people uncomfortable. So, we're working on an alternative.
    Married my best friend 07/19/2008
    Proud mama to Harper Anne born 09/10/2010
    and every moment of motherhood

my LO, Esther, isn't there quite yet, but she says mamamamamama and then takes her hand and tries to push my nipple in her mouth while I'm hooking her up! Just like a piece of food that she shoves in! We're working on signing too...but something tells me she won't be catching onto that too soon, because typically I remember signing to her in the middle of the night!
    married since 2007 to the man of my dreams!

had a water birth at home to my darling little girl born 2-18-11

working full time &

Cloth diapering