Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do they call it?

Question What do they call it?

My DD (15 months) has recently started asking for nursing by saying, "me? me? mememe?"

I think this is because much of the time when I think she wants to nurse, I will ask her, "Do you want me?"

I thought it would be fun to share what your LO calls your boobies or how they ask for a nursing session.

So what does your LO call it?
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>

Default Re: What do they call it?

Joe says "mama milkies" except that he doesn't say "milky" very well, so it comes out as "mama gulkies."

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Nummies or nums for short. I really wish now that she's older that I had encouraged her to just ask for milk. It ain't fooling anyone when your preschooler asks for nummies while out in public.

ma-milks!!!!!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

"Da puppoo", usually combined with the sign for milk.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My DS says "milkies" but it sounds more like "mickeys".
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

It started out as "Boop" but I wasn't terribly comfortable with her shouting that at me so we worked on calling it nursing. Which came out "noos". Now she asks to nurse or on occasion "nurse your boop"
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

so cute!

I get "teta? teta?" usually sounds like a question. she adds the sign for emphasis in case I didn't hear her. sometimes she'll unlatch and point to the nipple and say.."teta." a statement this time.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Aww I cant wait until Noah picks out what he wants to call it. He is only 4 months so we have a while
    July 27 2011

James says

"MMMMMMMM-il"

and signs "more". I tell him to ask me nicely and he says "geeez?" (please) and gives me the heartmelting look.

then when we are done he says "AAHHH duuuhhhn"(all done) and "gi-jou" for thank you
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!