Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do Nepali women do it?!?

Default Re: How do Nepali women do it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    I think it depends on what you HAVE to do. My DH couldn't find a job after he graduated(6 days after DS was born)...I HAD to go back to work. Granted, I took Shiloh with me and didn't have to pump. But I went back 10 days post-partum and watched my friend's triplets and my newborn. And everyone was like, "how do you do it"?? I dunno, I just did because I HAD to!
    Umm...your job WAS to watch the babies. Not the same as an office job. Where you can't really spend your day holding walking and feeding a newborn. OR Walking around all day to keep them sleeping.

Way too lazy for formula

I heard of a fairly high-powered woman who did this, lawyer I think? But the reason I heard of it was because pretty much the whole industry thought she was a little nuts and gossiped about it, which I thought was sad. Although I will say that when I am in the office I wouldn't like having to listen to a crying baby next door, too distracting. My DD was a "good" baby and didn't cry much, but she cried enough, you know?

I bring my dog to work almost every day, but he requires very little attention if I am busy and he is quiet always. Sometimes my coworkers and I joke that I should just bring Taiga and put her in his crate with him (he has a crate behind my desk).

I used to have DH bring DD once or twice a week for a BFing lunch but I quit that when she got old enough to a be a handful in my tiny office and made more noise more frequently (about 9 months). Now I just meet them at a park or something if we are all meeting for lunch. Once she stayed in my office all afternoon and then went to the office Oktoberfest party with me (she was 4 months at the time). But I will say I mostly just held her and fed her and didn't get a lot of work done due to typing one-handed.
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

I saw patients with a baby tied to my back for some months. When he got tired of being tied to me while I stood there talking to the clients and would start fussing every time, that had to stop, to my sadness But he slept through a lot of exams. And I nursed him there at work and directed the staff in what to do.

ETA: my midwife had a baby a few months before I did, and she wore her baby for every exam for months and months. It was so cute.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Oh that just reminded me of the one time I did take DS into work . I got stuck being the only one working - it was the day after christmas or new years or something. And they needed counter coverage even though they knew no one was coming in. Well it snowed that night. So I have a 7 mo and a stroller (to give him somewhere to sleep) and I have to take the bus to the light rail (because I couldn't push the stroller the 20 something blocks in the snow) and all I remember of that day was the journey in...
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I could NOT bring my baby to the office and have him sit there and get things done quietly. however, i COULD manage to take care of him and get work done, it would get done at a different pace and there would be chunks of time where i would need to care for him and not do "work". and honestly there are parts of my job he could just not be around for so i would need someone to watch him for an hour or so.

not sure if i am making sense here but i have real issues with living in a culture that separates me from my baby. yes i can see the value in my job and i do love certain aspects of it. i have those wow moments where i feel like i really am doing something good. BUT, there seems to be a lot of time in my work day where i dont feel like i need to be at work. I feel like i could get things done with my baby and i am frustrated by the fact that he is away from me.

i sit and think about the insanity of bringing him to daycare and bringing him home after a long day. maybe i just miss him and i feel disconnected from where i want to be, with him. i wish i lived in a culture where i could blend my work and family more. i know i could do it and do a great job. i am very good at what i do. i hate that i resent work for separating me from my baby. and i hate that i feel like i cannot change that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    i sit and think about the insanity of bringing him to daycare and bringing him home after a long day. maybe i just miss him and i feel disconnected from where i want to be, with him. i wish i lived in a culture where i could blend my work and family more. i know i could do it and do a great job. i am very good at what i do. i hate that i resent work for separating me from my baby. and i hate that i feel like i cannot change that right now.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

thanks mama, i needed some love

I was taking an online physics class when I gave birth, so I guess I sort of went "back to work" days after. It was just one class though. I guess that could work when they are small and just eat/sleep/poop, but now that he is older, I can't possibly concentrate on optics/math/etc with him close. .

s to Erin.

Actually after my mom had my last little brother, she got up and delivered her patient about 4 hours later. She also took all my last siblings to work with her. She had her "office" set up for them. In fact it's still set up for them. A few times when I have been super sick I've dropped my kids off there (only about twice), the MAs and RNs always looked in on them when needed, and mom checked on them between patients.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    I could NOT bring my baby to the office and have him sit there and get things done quietly. however, i COULD manage to take care of him and get work done, it would get done at a different pace and there would be chunks of time where i would need to care for him and not do "work". and honestly there are parts of my job he could just not be around for so i would need someone to watch him for an hour or so.

not sure if i am making sense here but i have real issues with living in a culture that separates me from my baby. yes i can see the value in my job and i do love certain aspects of it. i have those wow moments where i feel like i really am doing something good. BUT, there seems to be a lot of time in my work day where i dont feel like i need to be at work. I feel like i could get things done with my baby and i am frustrated by the fact that he is away from me.

This post makes me think "QUIT" quite loudly.

Way too lazy for formula