Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do Nepali women do it?!?

Default Re: How do Nepali women do it?!?

that does give some good perspective!

there is a holiday party planned for my work, middle of the day. my first thought was "can i bring my kids?" when i asked i was told that since it was the middle of the day and i would have been working anyway they didn't see why i would so i am not going, i took the day off. no one at work gets it, i actually think some people are upset.

here is my point of view though: if i am not really needed at work i want to be with my kids or have my kids with my dh, not with a caretaker. my lo is in dc and my older son is in an after school program. i want to be with them, not watching people have drinks and mingle. not that there is anything wrong with drinking any mingling, but i want to be with my kids. so much of my time is spent away from them that i want to be with them if i can. the people around me do not understand that. its frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    that does give some good perspective!

there is a holiday party planned for my work, middle of the day. my first thought was "can i bring my kids?" when i asked i was told that since it was the middle of the day and i would have been working anyway they didn't see why i would so i am not going, i took the day off. no one at work gets it, i actually think some people are upset.

here is my point of view though: if i am not really needed at work i want to be with my kids or have my kids with my dh, not with a caretaker. my lo is in dc and my older son is in an after school program. i want to be with them, not watching people have drinks and mingle. not that there is anything wrong with drinking any mingling, but i want to be with my kids. so much of my time is spent away from them that i want to be with them if i can. the people around me do not understand that. its frustrating.
    I get it now that I have a DS of my own. I would not have before I had him (well, maybe, but I'm not sure).

Babygirl05, thanks for sharing that story about your SIL.
    Last edited by @llli*wiggle.bug; December 9th, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

I went back to work after two weeks and kept my baby in a carrier while I gave my final lectures and wrapped up the semester (only two weeks left at that point). We had used him as an example for calculating genotype/phenotype probabilities in my biology class, so the students were excited to see what he looked like. Unfortunately hair and eye color were the easiest to determine, and those change during the first year. However, he has some really great examples of non-Mendelian traits. My students went through most of the third trimester with me, and I think it was nice that I could go back with the baby to finish off the term. I'm lucky to have a job where I can do that (it's certainly much different from going back to work in the fields, of course).

Actually some of my students this semester are trying to get me to bring him in for our last class, but he's a lot more disruptive now so I'm not sure whether I will or not.