Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: three week old wants to nurse constantly

Default Re: three week old wants to nurse consta

I know it seems like an eternity, but really do take this time to kick back, put up your feet and just nurse. This time goes so fast. Someday you'll look back and wish you could have those 3-week-old nursing sessions back. Get your phone, snacks, the remote, a book and make a nursing nest. This is normal.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

she is at it again been nursing all afternoon! She is 6 weeks old now. My DH thinks we need to supplement but I know better. I feel terrible cause I feel like my milk isn't satisfying her. Also I have begun pumping and freezing for my return to work in a few weeks. I HOPE i haven't waited too long to build up a supply. I pumped over 4 ozs today and yeserday.Thanks for all the advice it is gretly appriciated!

6 week growth spurt It will pass. Just keep nursing.

Even if you use a bottle, they go through this. I spent 2 months with my fourth baby, who couldn't nurse because of a cleft palate, holding a bottle in his mouth as he hit growth spurt after growth spurt. I guarantee nursing through a growth spurt is much easier!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

This is very normal! I am going through the 3 month one right now--so be prepared for more!
    EBFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping mamma to Bennett (9/5/11).
    Excited to be a BM donor through Indiana Mothers Milk Bank (http://www.immb.org/).

Just so you know you will hit another one at 12weeks. Nothing is wrong. This is how they grow.

Way too lazy for formula

Yeah, growth spurts are a normal part of baby's growth. They need to nurse often to get the milk they need and to tell your body to make more milk. Try to relax and enjoy the snuggle time. They do grow up fast even when the days may be slow now and then.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.