Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: having a missed miscarriage and weaning

Default having a missed miscarriage and weaning

Hello,

I have an 18month old who has been a champ at nursing from day 1. After becoming pregnant with my second we learned that the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. I chose to have a natural miscarriage. It has yet to happen (3 weeks and counting) and next week I have to travel for my grandpas funeral and christmas. I've decided by my doctors recommendations to take cytotec to cause the miscarriage to happen (hopefully) and so it doesnt happen while I am away. She recommended not nursing for 2 days after taking it (vaginally). Has anyone else been in this situation, I am terrified at how my little one is going to react to not being able to nurse. Any advice??

Default Re: having a missed miscarriage and wean

I would do a search for cytotec,lots of mamas here have used it and I am certain at least one of them was nursing. lettme see what i can dig up for you

oh and s
    Last edited by @llli*lidarln; December 13th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Thank you so much :-) I am terrified to use anything but I'm about at my wits end of emotions, the thought of having to turn my little one down for two days and hear him crying just adds to it.

So sorry, mama.

Here is information on Cytotec and lactation.
    Summary of Use during Lactation:
    Mispoprostol is a prostaglandin E1 analogue. Prostaglandin E1 and other prostaglandins appear normally in colostrum and milk.[1] Because of the low levels of misoprostol in breastmilk, amounts ingested by the infant are small and would not be expected to cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants. No special precautions are required.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

I'm so sorry.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I'm so sorry, mama. I took Cytotec and continued nursing. My midwife knew that I was nursing my ds, and didn't ask that I stop for any period of time.
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'