Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottle weaning questions

Default Re: Bottle weaning questions

I have another wrench in my bottle weaning plans. I just got back from 2 weeks off work and I wasn't pumping at all. My son was very not interested in nursing either except first thing in the morning and before naps and bedtime, so only 3-4 times per day. I was only able to pump 3 ounces total today. Considering i was pumping 10-12 ounces before break, this is a huge hit. I was planning on using my freezer supply to aid with the bottle weaning but not to this extent.

We have been sending breast milk in a sippy along with 2 bottles. Maybe it is time to cut down to one bottle and a sippy.

We have also been trying to get him to drink some cows milk, too, but his is not very interested only taking a few sips then done. The pediatrician we saw last time suggested mixing some breast in for a while to get him used to the new flavor. I don't know if this is a good idea because I am afraid of wasting my pumped milk.

BTW, he started drinking from a soft mouth sippy completely on his own on his first birthday. Yay! (previously we had to hold it up and he would grab it). And yesterday he was drinking water like a champ from his straw cup. Double yay!
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Default Re: Bottle weaning questions

I forgot to pump today, and my boobs feel fine. I think this is it for me. When the freezer stash is gone, the bottles are done. So liberating.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.