Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Chickpeas

Default Chickpeas

I asked a questions awhile ago about hummus, but then we moved, so I haven't been able to introduce chickpeas yet. So, here's the question- how do you prepare these for baby (she's 8 months old)? Remove the skin? Steam? Boil??

Thanks!
    Mother to Quenby Anne, born 29 March 2011, 5 lbs. 9 oz, but doubled birth weight in 9 weeks!

Interested in maternal attachment and research about infant development? Check out my blog! www.asecurebase.blogspot.com

Default Re: Chickpeas

I was just thinking about getting chickpeas too! I found this website with preparation info: http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipe...baby-food.html
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

My DS is 9.5 months old, and I always just give him the canned ones. We rinse them really really well, squish them, and pull off the skin. He seems to do fine with them that way!

You can roast them, too. Add some yummy spices (cumin, cayenne, garlic, onion powder, and a touch of salt is my fave combo) and some oil. Pop them in the oven (400 degrees-ish) for about 30 minutes. Crispety, crunchety, delicious.

Like this: http://steamykitchen.com/10725-crisp...nzo-beans.html

Don't make them too crunchy or baby might have a hard time, but she'll have molars eventually and you can prepare them however you want.

(I've never made a big deal about skins, personally.)
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010