Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheerios & Choking

Default Re: Cheerios & Choking

good thread. I just gave DD (8months next week) some Cheerios yesterday, and she seemed more interested in playing (gnawing, examining texture, etc.) vs. actually eating them. I also have been giving her banana, but I've been using a Munchkin Fresh Food feeder for now to ensure she doesn't bite off super big hunks! Darn teething!!!
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

What about just cutting the banana into smaller chunks? There's some middle ground between giving a child a whole banana and giving them a puree, I would think.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

it's not a puree, it's a mesh bag that allows her to suck out the food without getting big chunks. She's teething so I think she really just likes gnawing on stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    What about just cutting the banana into smaller chunks? There's some middle ground between giving a child a whole banana and giving them a puree, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rdh2378 View Post
    it's not a puree, it's a mesh bag that allows her to suck out the food without getting big chunks. She's teething so I think she really just likes gnawing on stuff
    Oh, right! (I thought you were talking about a masher.) Joe loved that too. My favorite for teething was to put a frozen peach slice in it. Try it! He would kill a frozen peach slice in about five minutes when his gums were really sore.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

thanks for the tip... I was trying to figure out what fruit to try next!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Oh, right! (I thought you were talking about a masher.) Joe loved that too. My favorite for teething was to put a frozen peach slice in it. Try it! He would kill a frozen peach slice in about five minutes when his gums were really sore.