Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it alright to single pump with a PIS?

Default Is it alright to single pump with a PIS?

So, by the good grace of the county, I was given a Medela Pump in Style. Thing is, is, I realized I was getting more milk if I just pumped one side at a time rather than doing both. I know, in regards to the PIS, it is always referred to as a personal double-pump system, but was curious as to whether or not single pumping, and then doing the other side, could wreck anything.

Thanks!

Default Re: Is it alright to single pump with a

How long are you waiting between pumping each side? Are you doin breast compressions while pumping? Nursing while pumping?

As long as you are removing milk frequently enough from both sides it's fine. You just have to use one tube and cover the other tube connector with that little cover that hangs down between them...does that make any sense ?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I agree that it is fine, just more time consuming. I find that I don't get as strong suction with my Medela PISA.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex, born 2/27/11

Yeah! I would try to double pump again, but I can't find the cord that only has one piece of plastic on the end of it. All I have is the cords for the hospital grade pumps (since I was in the hospital for a while with him), and so now single pumping is what I have to do.

C'est la vie. I have the worst luck. >_>