Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Poor feeding on left side

Default Poor feeding on left side

Hi all, I am new here but hoping someone might be able to help me. My baby girl will be three weeks old on Monday, she has BF pretty well since the beginning but over the last couple of days has become quite fussy and won't settle as well as normal. The problem that I am noticing is she isn't feeding as well from my left breast, she never settles after feeding from this side. I have tried putting her back on the left side when she becomes fussy but with no avail, she will only settle again after another feed from her fav right boob!! What am I doing wrong? Is this normal??

Any advice gratefully recieved!! x

Default Re: Poor feeding on left side

Babies often develop a preference for one breast over another. Often because one breast has faster or slower flow than the other, or because the baby prefers lying on one side over the other. It's not really a problem unless it's causing lopsidedness, in which case: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"