Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milk Donation?

Default Milk Donation?

I have a lot of milk stored in the deep freeze. Do you know where the best place is to donate it?

Thanks!

Default Re: Milk Donation?

It depends on your situation and how old your baby is. HMBANA milk banks are currently in desperate need of milk, but there are a lot of conditions on giving milk, depending on your health and if you take any medications. They have to screen carefully because a lot of their customers are preemie babies. They also only take milk that was pumped in the first year of your baby's life. If you don't fit the qualifications or if you don't have much to donate, there are informal networks like Milkshare, Eats on Feets and Human Milk 4 Human Babies. The link for HMBANA is in my signature, and you can find the other with an internet search or on Facebook.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I donated to a local mom through Eats on Feets on FB.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I used Eats on feet as well, donated about 800 oz to a local mom with premature twins. All she wanted from me was my bloodwork results which I was happy to give.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

with the PPs

I donated to moms through Human Milk 4 Human Babies and also to moms in the local homebirthing community.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

I just donated, as near as I can figure, about 1000 oz to a mom with IGT I'd met via the local community. If you put the word out, if milk bank donation isn't possible, someone will want it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!