Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need support and advice please!!!

Default Re: Need support and advice please!!!

@ kmanih

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! I'm going nearly out of my mind...If it weren't for the help of my amazing family members I'd be crying all day. This diet is soooo much harder than i thought it would be. I feel starving all the time...I will definately order these snacks so i can continue. Someone posted earlier that my baby's behavior had nothing to do with my diet and its so disheartening to hear because he is simply so unhappy unless he is being distracted and help constantly and even then sometimes he still cries and kvetches... The main issue is really that he is SOOO gassy and his diapers are so mucousy...so I am right to believe it is most likely a dietary issue, correct? I hope to continue this TED but in the past 4 days there has been ZERO change in his diapers and behavior/sleep...how long does it usually take?

Definitely sounds like a diet issue to me. Dairy takes about 2 weeks to clear your system after you stop eating it. My pedi told us that we may continue to see mucousy diapers for 4-6 weeks after the elimination b/c it needs to get out of our systems, and also baby's GI is healing. I think the other foods clear out after a few days of elimination, but I could be wrong about that. I think we started to see an improvement in her behavior after a week or so of no dairy. Diapers are still a bit mucousy here and there (its been about a month). Hang in there, I bet you will see an improvement soon!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

with juliasmomma.

the thing with the diet is that you don't know if it is the cause until you try and wait enough time. blood and mucus are very typical of diet issues.

for me it took one month off dairy for her colic, gas and explosive poops to disappear. the mucus only improved after a couple of weeks off dairy, gluten, nuts and soy. a little mucus sometimes showed up later but that is normal.

i know it is very tough, especially in the first few days. you're all of a sudden deprived of all this food you used to eat, at a time when you're very hungry, and you're not yet seeing any results. but trust me, it gets easier over time, as you get used to the diet and discover more and more alternatives and foods you CAN eat. and when you start seeing results, the feeling is so amazing, of such relief, that you'll have enough motivation to keep going. but again, you have to stick with it...

babies have a very sensitive GI tract, so if it gets irritated for some reason it takes a while to recover (usually a couple of weeks). mucus is often the sign of irritation. plus the dairy and soy proteins take time to clear off your system.

there's a forum here on nutrition and allergies that is very good. the mamas there are so supportive and helpful. they'll give you tips on all sorts of alternative foods, and will help you adapt your recipes.

by the way, i just had my allergen-free thanksgiving, and it was totally satisfying. i made a pumpkin pie with coconut milk and gluten-free cookies for the crust, thickened the gravy with corn starch, and made wild rice stuffing.

i remembered another product, there's a vegan cheese called dayia that's good for grilled cheese sandwiches.

pm me if you need more info or support!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Thanks all you mommies out there! I have been on this diet for 3 weeks now...I cheated 3 times...never had dairy but i did have soy accidentally and then another time I was at my best friends wedding and had some grilled chicken and mashed potatoes (which might have contained soy margerine) and then a third time I had a beer! But I have not had dairy for 3 weeks now and and have kept the TED strictly. Just 2 days ago I added in asparagus...the issue is that while the fussiness has greatly improved his syupid diapers are still SO mucusy and green! I have found my way around constant hunger by having TED friendly snacks but I still get crazy sometimes when I see other mommies freely enjoying pizza, lattes, ice cream, fresh bread...mmm...aAnyway I'm over the bitter stage cuz I know BF is the best thing I can do for the little love of my life. I just appreciate all the support I can get...but I need those darn diapers to improve!!!! Btw I tried Enjoy Life cookies and THANK GOD for them because when I really need something to sweeten a hard day I reach for those and feel instantly relaxed (talk about emotional eating!) Thanks mamas! Hope in a week or two I can update that his diapers are back to yellow and seedy!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emommy706 View Post
    the issue is that while the fussiness has greatly improved his syupid diapers are still SO mucusy and green!
    Improving the fussiness is a huge step! As for the diapers, it takes a while for your baby's intestines to heal. Also, the poops might never go back to mustardy-seedy. There was another post about this somewhere on one of the forums here recently, and mommal described this better than I can now. Their digestive systems are always changing and a little mucus and green is normal. My baby's diapers never went back to yellow. They became brown and porridge-like, and sometimes green and mucusy. Then I started solids and everything changed again! (Now it's mostly brown and creamy). So don't get discouraged by this. I think the fussiness is the big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emommy706 View Post
    Btw I tried Enjoy Life cookies and THANK GOD for them because when I really need something to sweeten a hard day I reach for those and feel instantly relaxed (talk about emotional eating!)
    I am currently addicted to their soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies. They improved the recipe and they are so YUMMY, I would enjoy them even if I weren't on a restrictive diet.

Good luck mama, don't get discouraged by the diapers. This diet gets easier over time. Btw I know what you mean about looking at other BF mamas who can eat everything. It seems so surreal... I only ate everything for my baby's first month, so I don't associate BF with a free diet... but I wouldn't change it for the world.

i love my little one

PS. I recently started to make a yummy chocolate sauce with chocolate Rice Dream and Enjoy Life chocolate chips melted for a few seconds in the microwave. Creamy and intense, delicious with So Delicious coconut ice-cream and sprinkled with gluten-free rice krispies!

i love my little one

Here's the link to the other helpful thread on green poos I mentioned yesterday (I had baby on my lap and couldn't search for it then):

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...58#post1215058

i love my little one