Thread: Should I be concerned?

Default Should I be concerned?

Weight history for DD1:
    6lb 11oz birth
    10lb 0oz ~2 months
    14lb 0oz ~4 months
    15lb 8oz ~5 months
    15lb 8oz ~7 months

For those of you who have read my other posts about increasing supply, I have been able to up my supply enough to cut out the bedtime bottle in the past month. When I am home, my girls are getting 100% BM. When I am at work, I am about 2-5oz short pumping so they get that in formula.

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks or so that DD1 doesn't have as many wet diapers, and certainly not first thing in the morning (STTN) (sometimes a dry diaper in the morning).

At today's DR checkup, DD1 hasn't gained any weight in the past 2 months. The doctor did not mention supplementing, but the fact that wet diapers are fewer and no weight gain 2 months has me wondering what to do.

She is a happy baby and I wonder if she may be hungry but is not demanding more food.

Should I do something? I am Ok with supplmenting, as I have had to supplement something since about 3 weeks and on days that I am working and pumping. How many wets is enough? If doctor isn't concerned, should I not be concerned?

TIA!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Default Re: Should I be concerned?

Hmm, how many wets are you getting? My son hasn't gained weight in the past month or so also, but he is 10 months old. From 5-7 months he was still gaining (although not as quickly as initially). It can be normal for weight gain to slow or even stop for a while when they start getting mobile, though.

Are you nursing at night? Because the only thing that you've mentioned that seems unusual is the dry diaper in the morning. My son's is soaked but he also nurses several times at night. I think we get 5-6 wets a day...
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

No night nursing: DD1 has been STTN since about 12 weeks old. Probably because we gave a 4-6oz bottle. But now I nurse around 8pm and she will sleep until 7am.

We kept track of diapers untl the last month. DD1 probably has 5-6 wet diapers, but not soaking.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

yeah, I don't think I'd be overly concerned as long as she seems content and is meeting milestones. is she on solids at all?
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein