Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing strike or Low supply??? Help!!

Unhappy Nursing strike or Low supply??? Help!!

Hi I'm new here and in desperate need of some advice! My son is almost 6 months old and has been breastfed exclusively until about a week ago. I started my first postpartum period and he started refusing to nurse he'll nurse fine thru out the night but absolutely refuses during the day. He will scream and cry if I even offer my breast. I'm not sure if it's because of a decreased supply due to my period (which is long gone now) or just a vicious nursing strike?? He used to nurse for 5-7 min every 2-3 hrs. Since he has stopped nursing during the day I have been pumping every 4-5 hrs so like 3-4x a day. I'm sure my supply has gone down already. I'm wondering what I can do to possibly get him to nurse again?! Hes been getting a few formula bottles since he wont nurse. Should I pump every 2-3 hrs for a few days to try and get my supply back up or is he just done breastfeeding? I wanted to make it to a year so this has been really hard on me

Thanks!!

Default Re: Nursing strike or Low supply??? Help

This is a good link on strikes and how to end them: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html. You don't want to wean before a year is out, since breastmilk (or formula, if necessary) should make up the majority of your LO's diet until his first birthday.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"