Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homeade Rice Cereal

Default Re: Homeade Rice Cereal

I have a baby bullet and we do "baby food." We tried the BLW stuff but its not really for us. He still eats banana and avocado on its own, and sweet potato, but everything else is prepped for him in the baby bullet. I also go to school full time so its easier for our DCP to have prepped foods. He eats almost everything we do, but just purreed a bit (not total mush).

To get to your opening topic, though, we make rice cereal in batches (organic brown) and freeze it in 2 oz portions. When we give it to him we found he doesn't like it bland, so we mix a bit of butter and pure maple syrup in with it, the tiniest amount. He gets this for breakfast almost every day. We also mix peaches, blueberry and other fruits in with it. He has been trying to feed himself with the spoon since day one, super cute.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momtodom09 View Post
    I recommend the book Baby-Led Weaning by Gill Rapley.

Thanks! I will look for it on Amazon.
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mskalinin View Post
    I have a baby bullet and we do "baby food." We tried the BLW stuff but its not really for us. He still eats banana and avocado on its own, and sweet potato, but everything else is prepped for him in the baby bullet. I also go to school full time so its easier for our DCP to have prepped foods. He eats almost everything we do, but just purreed a bit (not total mush).

To get to your opening topic, though, we make rice cereal in batches (organic brown) and freeze it in 2 oz portions. When we give it to him we found he doesn't like it bland, so we mix a bit of butter and pure maple syrup in with it, the tiniest amount. He gets this for breakfast almost every day. We also mix peaches, blueberry and other fruits in with it. He has been trying to feed himself with the spoon since day one, super cute.
    Is it ok to make about 2 weeks worth of food, and freeze the leftovers?
    Last edited by @llli*tremom; November 27th, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and