Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this a phase?

Default Is this a phase?

I've been EBF my son and pumping full time at work. He never did any "baby foods" but baby led solids around 8 months old. All of a sudden, when I'm at work, he won't even act like he wants the bottle. My husband will put pieces of food on his tray and he'll eat that while I'm gone [ and scarf it down at that ] and not really drink my bottled BM. When I'm home, he'll NEVER refuse nursing and do it quite often. Is this a phase or is this naturally what happens at this age when he's more interested in food-food? I still pump the same but end up throwing it out/freezing it because he's not keeping up with me now. Any suggestions?
    Mom to Raven [3/24/06] & Logan [ 1/10/11 ] [ while working ] and going strong

Default Re: Is this a phase?

Have you tried a sippy cup or a regular cup?

sometimes too they figure out that if I take a bottle that means I will fall alseep and I don't want that so.. I'll just refuse it.

I've tried a sippy cup and a reg cup and it's the same result. At first it was like," oh, this is different, I like this!" for the first few moments- then it turned into the same. He's walking and way too busy to drink. How do I make sure he gets his liquids? LOL
    Mom to Raven [3/24/06] & Logan [ 1/10/11 ] [ while working ] and going strong

Could you have a lipase problem? I didn't realize that was what was going on when my third baby stopped drinking pumped milk.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!