Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ow ow ow

Default Ow ow ow

PMS and breastfeeding sucks.

First the supply dip, and now every time he nurses it literally feels like his mouth is sandpaper. Is there anything I can do about this? Or just wait?
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Default Re: Ow ow ow

Your thread title and first sentence cracked me up!!! So much sympathy! I hated nursing while PMSing (and now I'm a few weeks pregnant and it's like that all the time ). But it's only a few days a month. I just took deep breaths and told myself it was only a day or two and tried to remember how much I love nursing the rest of the month. Sorry, I wish I had something better than that.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

woo! joe.s.mom is pregnant! Congrats! I guess I missed that somehow

I too hate nursing while PMSing.
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*carmen.arizona View Post
    woo! joe.s.mom is pregnant! Congrats! I guess I missed that somehow

I too hate nursing while PMSing.
    It's brand new!! I'm only five weeks. Thanks, though!

Some mamas use lanolin ointment during PMS, but I didn't find that made too big a difference. I just grin and bear it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    It's brand new!! I'm only five weeks. Thanks, though!

Some mamas use lanolin ointment during PMS, but I didn't find that made too big a difference. I just grin and bear it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Your thread title and first sentence cracked me up!!! So much sympathy! I hated nursing while PMSing (and now I'm a few weeks pregnant and it's like that all the time ). But it's only a few days a month. I just took deep breaths and told myself it was only a day or two and tried to remember how much I love nursing the rest of the month. Sorry, I wish I had something better than that.
    woot! Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Me too. I agree PMS sucks. I haven't found a method that works to alleviate the pain. G's older though so I usually cut his sessions a bit short that week.

And congrats!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Since everything that goes on during PMS is based on hormones, there really isn't much that can be done to alleviate the pain. Sorry, momma. I know the feeling all too well. Maybe try some lanolin or Motherlove Nipple Cream. I hope it passes quickly.
    I'm Sarah. Mom to Emily (1/27/05) and Jack (12/29/10)
    Wife to Joshua (3/6/08)
    We and

Sorry about the pain! I have pain right now on one breast only. My DS is 9 months...haven't had pain like that since he was a newborn...ow is right! Not sure what mine is due to...no AF yet. The pain is pretty unbearable!

Joe's mom congrats!!