Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Default Anyone else?

My 4.5 month old has been doing unusual things lately, and I was wondering if any of you are experiencing these things. Not worried, just curious. Rolling her tongue over her gums (think she just discovered this), humming a LOT, trying to nurse while sticking her fingers in her mouth and tonight...blowing raspberries while nursing!!!! Milk and drool going everywhere. I didn't experience this with my DD1..well, except for trying to nurse with fingers in her mouth, too. Anyone else???

Default Re: Anyone else?

Yes, yes, yes and yes! My lil lady does all of the above. She learned pretty quick that milk stops flowing well if her fingers are in her mouth though so that ended after a bit thankfully. I would take her hand gently away from her mouth and as if it were possessed it would immediately gravitate back all creepy style like she had no control. The hand had a mind of it's own. She still hums too at 8 months. I kind of love that. These babies are pretty funny aren't they?
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

LOL...definitely!! It's gotten uncomfortable as she won't leave things alone! I was actually trying to hold her hand to keep her away from there! Hahaha! She's also trying to look around; especially, when she hears her daddy or older sister talking. Let's just say feedings have become quite an adventure and a big mess lately!

oh yeah. It's the age. Right about now between 3-4 months it's like the world opens up to them and they start to really want to check it out. The other day i was nursing my girl and every time my niece would say something , Lola would pop off and swing her head all fast like "Huh? What'd she say?" I think it happened about 10 times. I finally had to take her to the back room so she could finish her meal
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Aw. I miss the humming.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

My LO doesn't hum as much as he did back at that age (he is 9 months now) but he has thankfully stopped flipping his head back to look at what his siblings are doing WITHOUT LETTING GO! Ouch! He does like to wave his upper arm in the air. DD used to do that--it was the arm she used to remove any cover I attempted to put on her. Apparently when DH is giving the baby a bottle he (the baby, not DH) will put his hand in DH's mouth.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Oh my goodness I forgot about the waving! DD1 did that too and I recall her fingers landing in my mouth a few times too! LOL...my favorite is the humming, but hate the head jerking thing! Haha!

Around 4 months was the hardest for me, so far. DD1 was so distractable and would pop off all.the.time. It got very uncomfortable.
    Now I am dealing with two LOs who like to push off the breast while still attached. I try to hold their hands or put my hand in between them but no luck so far. It is certainly an adventure!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    Apparently when DH is giving the baby a bottle he (the baby, not DH) will put his hand in DH's mouth.
    My baby loves to put her hand in my mouth when I'm BFing her!!! I think it's a comfort thing. She also sometimes talks into the boob. It's hilarious. I laugh, and then she breaks into a smile still with my boob in her mouth.

She also likes to hold my hand when nursing, which is particularly sweet because she's done this since she was born (she's 7.5 months now). I have a photo of her when she was 2 days old holding my finger while eating. It's just the sweetest thing.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I absolutely LOVE LOVE the humming Makes me so happy!!

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****