Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Overweight" EBF baby???

Default Re: "Overweight" EBF baby???

She is not nearly as fat as I was at 6 months. And I grew up to be a more or less average-sized person, not some sort of freakish land whale. I guess when I was a baby- back in the dark ages of the 70s- there was a lot less concern and a lot more applause for chubby babies!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

SO CUTE.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    She is not nearly as fat as I was at 6 months. And I grew up to be a more or less average-sized person, not some sort of freakish land whale. I guess when I was a baby- back in the dark ages of the 70s- there was a lot less concern and a lot more applause for chubby babies!
    same here.
    That's one precious baby girl you got mama
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Mommal

That little girl is the cutest! In fact I have a son about that age.....what'd'ya think.....set them up 16 years from now?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Awww - thanks to you all! I feel really encouraged. She's pretty sweet... and you should see her thighs! They are epic.

Yes! I'll gladly set her up. The controlling part of me (which I try to suppress) sorta wishes we still had arranged marriages... LOL! (Can you tell I have two girls?)

Here's one I snapped of her in a "milk coma." Yes, those cheeks go on for miles. What kind of hard-hearted doctor could want to put those cheeks on a diet???

CIMG7396.jpg

Wink Re: "Overweight" EBF baby???

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post

That IS horrible advice. Continue what you're doing mama!
    Agreed. This is ignorant, god awful advice. I am an MD, and I shudder at the thought of my colleagues who a) dont have kids or b) didn't BF their kids at all or for a substantial period of time telling moms like you that it is possible to overfeed a child by nursing. I have a special name for these MDs.... WMDs! lol.
    Last edited by @llli*greatestjoy; November 29th, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.

Ohhh... she is so cute!!! Pls give her a big for me. Way to go mama..

OMG, "greatestjoy" - that cracks me up! He IS a WMD! I can't tell you how taken aback I was. I had been so delighted when she weighed 25 lbs and even the nurse taking her measurements was like, "great job, Erin!" but then he came in, looked at her growth chart and got "concerned." Boooooooo.

She IS cute. I squeeze and her rolls every day. I know too well those "elastic bands" on her thighs and arms will go away sooner or later!