After a pediatrician visit this morning for two vaccines, my 8 month old has vomited twice in the past three hours. No fever, but he's fussier than usual. He's asleep now, an hour after a feeding and that meal stayed down. At first we were afraid that it was a vaccine reaction, but the ped thinks it would have shown up earlier (the appt was at 8:45am). They suggested that it was the beginning of a bug. Boooo.
Thanks to you genius moms out there, I knew to ignore their recommendation of Pedialyte and keep BF in small amounts!
My question is this - how can my husband and I avoid catching this bug? He's leaving for an important work trip tomorrow, so it'll be just me and my LO for 5 days and I want to be healthy to be able to care for him if this is a bug.
I imagine that I've already got the same antibodies that my LO has at this point, thanks to the magic of BF. But would it be beneficial for my husband to drink some of my EBM? His immune system isn't the greatest and it would be great to keep him well.
Hopefully this isn't outside the purview of this forum.
Any other tips on how to keep my LO comfy while this passes are welcome too!
ETA: He ate some avocado this afternoon - second time tasting, first time swallowing. I wonder if this could be an allergic reaction rather than a bug? He had no reaction the first time, but it didn't get swallowed that time, either. (an hour and a half and he's still asleep peacefully.)