Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible they will never wean?!

Default Re: Is it possible they will never wean?

I think they all eventually wean. My little girl is almost 28 mos and loves to nurse and is keeping it up even though I'm pregnant and I know my supply has already decreased. If someone talks to her the first thing she'll talk to them about is her nummies - she told the mail lady 'this is a nummie and this is the other nummie and they have milk in them ' pointing to my breasts. I initiated night weaning because I couldn't handle nursing during the night after I got pregnant but otherwise I pretty much let her nurse when she wants.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    she told the mail lady 'this is a nummie and this is the other nummie and they have milk in them ' pointing to my breasts.
    Love it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jlynne View Post
    Okay, so it sounds like most of it is child and mother led....That is interesting!

My sister around 4 would wean all her kids. The only one that completely self-weaned told her her milk tasted rotten. She was pregnant and didn't know it, so we think that may have changed the taste of her milk.

I was 6 and my mom tapered me off. I don't remember the weaning process at all, so it was completely natural, but she said she gently coaxed me into weaning.

I just was thinking the other day, "If he had it his way, he would bring me to college with him so I could nurse him at night!"

Thanks for answering that!----I have yet to meet someone who let their child completely wean themselves with no outside coercion from mom. I was just curious if that ever happens.
    I guess not. And that makes me feel better when the time comes and I can help lead him into the weaning process without feeling like that isn't natural.
    The bolded is hilarious. My Dad was asking when max was going to wean, and i said when he wants to. Then DH said "we're going to have to find a lactating mother if we send him to college probably"
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

My daughter just weaned before her fourth birthday. She was spacing her nursing sessions over a week apart, and her latch just didn't feel right anymore . After she'd gone a couple weeks, I was surprised that she asked again. She's asked again a few times over the past month, and I've gently told her "No, we don't have milk anymore. Mama's milks are empty." She's been completely fine with this, so we are both content . She still nursed quite a bit at 3.5. Actually, in the couple months leading up to her weaning, she increased her nursing sessions. Then just stopped.