Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting pregnant

Default getting pregnant

If you have gotten your period but are still nursing, is it any harder to get pregnant?
    Also, is there anything different about nursing while pregnant?
    Thanks.

Default Re: getting pregnant

I was nursing a two year old and got pg first try. For some people it CAN make it harder, others it makes no difference. Not everyone has the same experience pregnant and nursing...I chose to wean my daughter during my pregnancy once she turned 3. Hormones and pain can be hard to deal with...but there are alot of people who tandem nurse so it's not that bad for everyone

How old is your LO? Are you periods regular?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Thanks! My LO is 13 months and my periods have been regular since he was 5 months old.

also, are you charting so you know if you are ovulating or not? Have you been TTC for a while, or just thinking about it?
    Proud mom of 2:

For some mothers - it has made getting pregnant very difficult. For others, no trouble at all.

For some women, nursing can inhibit ovulation even if you're getting cycles, but I think that's pretty uncommon. For most women, if your cycles are fairly regular, you're also ovulating.

Nursing while pregnant can be uncomfy for some and your supply often goes way down.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    also, are you charting so you know if you are ovulating or not? Have you been TTC for a while, or just thinking about it?
    We are just thinking about starting TTC. I haven't been charting because I still wake up a few times a night to nurse...I thought this would skew the BBT. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cassidy12 View Post
    We are just thinking about starting TTC. I haven't been charting because I still wake up a few times a night to nurse...I thought this would skew the BBT. What do you think?
    for me, it did not skew the bbt. I nursed several times a night but co-slept so i didnt actually get up and out of bed. Doest hurt to try.
    Proud mom of 2:

Same with me, I didn't night wean my 2 yr old until I was already pregnant and I was getting temperatures clear enough to identify ovulation and to get pregnant when we started trying.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    Same with me, I didn't night wean my 2 yr old until I was already pregnant and I was getting temperatures clear enough to identify ovulation and to get pregnant when we started trying.
    Great, I will try that. Thanks!