Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letting a 2 week old CIO

Default Re: Letting a 2 week old CIO

Yes the CIO is worse than bf but I was thinking if she actually nursed him she would bond and not let him cry. Oh well time to let it go and just pray for that little guy

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I might get flamed, but I think not responding to a 2 week old is worse than not breastfeeding. They soon learn that you aren't going to come and are resigned to it. I feel like that can seriously screw you up later in life.

Also, the cluster feeding at 2 weeks--isn't it a growth spurt? Not feeding baby during a growth spurt sounds cruel and dangerous. Just reading all this made me so sad for the little one. It's heart-wrenching.

I see your point about the bonding that might come if this person were to nurse her baby. Maybe encouraging her to find other ways to bond physically and emotionally, and then get around to the breast? This couple seems very cold and messed-up. I guess sometimes you just have to resign yourself... you can't change people, and there are so many screwed-up people in the world. It's just that... a baby is such a blessing. And babies don't ask to be born... Anyway, I could go on and on. I hope they soften up.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bebedeau View Post
    Yes the CIO is worse than bf but I was thinking if she actually nursed him she would bond and not let him cry. Oh well time to let it go and just pray for that little guy
    Time to let it go. All you can do is leave the door open. Maybe one day this cuckoo lady will call you up and say "I've decided to give breastfeeding another shot". That's your chance, if it happens.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I might get flamed, but I think not responding to a 2 week old is worse than not breastfeeding. They soon learn that you aren't going to come and are resigned to it. I feel like that can seriously screw you up later .

Nothing you can do about this, and I would probably drop the BFing convo. There are some people bound and determined to EP no matter what. At least he is getting mama milk in some way. She will eventually figure out EPing is hard work; unfortunately she sounds like one who will probably quit early when it gets tough (6 weeks, 3 months, 9 months) out of frustration or lack of supply....2 weeks is way too early to start dropping sessions. More like 12 weeks!

I'd address the CIO myself, as there s evidence it causes brain damage.

And give mom some info on PPD. Moms with that can have trouble bonding.

Then I'd cut ties with these people.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

your post made me cry poor poor baby, i have a friend (i use that term loosely) who has those same ideas and i know i should just let it go too but its SOOOOO hard i just keep thinking about the baby

jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

I have let it go. Have not spoken/fb. Out of sight out of mind. I continue to pray for the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    i dont think i could stay friends with that mom. that story made me sad and angry too. i'd just slowly let the friendship fade if it were me
    Agreed. That hurts my heart to think of a helpless 2 week old crying in hunger or crying in fear/loneliness. I just could not keep such a mother as a friend.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.