Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MANY Poopy Diapers

Default Re: MANY Poopy Diapers

So the flannel is for baby wipes or diapers or both? I don't sew, but I have a neighbor who does. His little bottom seems ok, even with using disposable wipes, as long as we keep it coated with Triple paste and/or anti ugly monkey butt cream or Aveeno. It gets red and painful looking from time-to-time, then clears up. One solution was MaaLox on the bottom, let it dry. Unfortunately, I got the mint kind by mistake and I think that would probably burn a little, so we chucked that.

His last 2 diapers have been yellow instead of green, which I consider more normal from my baby days.

DD is large breasted and nurses in the leaning over position. You all are saying it might help her OS or FLD if she nurses upright or leaning back?

She eats a rather boring but fairly healthy menu. Pancakes for breakfast usually. A lot of cheese and crackers or crackers and beef log. We went out for restaurant burgers and fries yesterday. Pizza. She loves salmon and I fix that with broccoli and cheese and a sweet carrot recipe I have.

We really goofed yesterday in staying out too long. LO only had a bottle of breast milk mid-trip, so DD did not nurse or pump from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We ended up without sufficient pumped supply for the night and she seemed dry quite quickly when he nursed in the evening. We vowed not to do that until he's older. We went to the dentist, WalMart, out to lunch, and to show him to a friend. Much too much for a 4-week old. And not enough nursing/pumping for her.

Encourage her to work on nursing while out....so much easier than pumping, and you don't have to worry about forgetting the bottle (BTDT), spilling the bottle (BTDT too), or getting delayed (sigh, done that too).

Yes, if she leans back, just in a comfortable position, instead of hunching over baby and leaning forward, letting baby latch himself, it might help.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yes for sure nurse while out. Especially since you have a car, if she is hesitant she can practice in the car. But, really it's so much easier to just nurse while out.

She probably wasn't "dry" however, once you are over full it's harder sometimes to get the milk out. At four weeks she shouldn't be going more then 3 hours with out nursing or pumping, and even better would be no more then 2 hours.

Actually you can make both diapers and wipes with flannel. I found the flannel diapers some of the best ones! However, I was suggesting it just for the wipes. It's a very easy transition, compared to cloth diapers (however, I think cloth diapers are rather easy as well) but the wipes are so easy really almost any one could use them. And they would be super easy for your friend who sews to stitch them up, they are really easy things to make. And a lot can be whipped up fast. My friend made ALL the batch I had her make 5 years ago, in one evening. Along with hemming like 3 pairs of pants, and some other stuff, that's how fast they stitch up. A lot of things takes me forever to get done with my kids.....lol for instance I've been working on a nursing night gown now over a week. lol Cause I can only cut out one piece at a time, and stitch up one part of it at a time. lol Been working on the sleeves since Friday! lol I only get a few minutes here and there. lol The wash cloths I probably would of had done last week! lol haha

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*grandmasueellen View Post
    His last 2 diapers have been yellow instead of green, which I consider more normal from my baby days.

She eats a rather boring but fairly healthy menu. Pancakes for breakfast usually. A lot of cheese and crackers or crackers and beef log. We went out for restaurant burgers and fries yesterday. Pizza. She loves salmon and I fix that with broccoli and cheese and a sweet carrot recipe I have.
    Green diapers are within the range of normal. But b/c of your description of explosive poops and diaper rash, I would think about a reaction to dairy passing through your daughter's breastmilk. I was quite astounded at the effect of cutting off dairy from my diet. There's a forum on nutrition and allergies with more info.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one