Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help!!!

Default Re: Please Help!!!

If you think she has gas and her stomach is firm, then a little light massage might help. Put your hand on her belly sideways, fingers on one side, palm on the other, then gently push from side to side. Push palm, then fingers, then palm, then fingers. The pressure should be light, like if you were to gently rub your eye. Clockwise circles around the belly button can also help.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Gas drops might help with gas.

The foremilk/hindmilk thing...it's such a myth. If your baby is happy, growing well, and the stools are not always green, your baby is getting enough milk. If you really aren't sure, try starting the next feeding on the breast you ended with the last time.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buckeyekylie View Post
    Stiff legs is definately gas! Personally i think no BM for a week is a long time for a 4 month old. But my daughter got too much foremilk and it gave her some gas but she pooped a lot.
    She stopped poopin so much when she got more hindmilk.

I switched to cluster feeding (one breast per session) and it helped tremendously.
    It's Completely normal for a EBF child to 7days OR LONGER with no Bowel Movement. As their digestive tract matures, they often poop less often. And the color and consistency of "held poop" can change from the seedy mustard poop to the color and consistency of Peanut Butter. This is all normal. The first time mother experiences it, she will likely panic. Because we all project that every grunt, groan and cry is connected to the fact that there has been no poop. But that is all projection. We project how WE would feel if WE didn't go poop for a week. But it's not like that for BF babies. The absorb so much more of what they eat than we do. It's fine. And once you get used to it, it's just another benefit of breastfeeding. Some days you don't have to change poopy diapers.

Way too lazy for formula

^^^

I was told by my sons doc that he could go a while between poops and that was normal. Today...my son has yet to poop. I am OK with that

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****