Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-MER has anyone experienced this?

Default Re: D-MER has anyone experienced this?

I'm sorry you're going through this
    I have a form of this in which I get an intense and overwhelming feeling of home-sickness. It happened almost every letdown for months but has tapered off dramatically over the last 4 months or so (my LO is 10 months now). I hope you find some relief soon mama. You're certainly not alone in this.
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Do you think you are sufferring from PPD?
    No I don't think It's PPD as this feeling has happen to me before birth too but only sometimes very rarely, now it's with every pumping/breastfeeding session.

Is this why you seem to want to transition to formula? Also, is it less intense when you are pumping?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Is this why you seem to want to transition to formula? Also, is it less intense when you are pumping?
    Nope not at all, I don't know whats up but it's just breast feeding whenever I do it, I just don't want to do it for some reason -_-

Your situation sounds incredibly tough. Are you stressed out? Maybe that could be contributing to the intensity..
    July 27 2011

I'm having anxiety a half hour before the "scheduled" 2.5-3hr feedings my doc recommended because of little dude being 3wks early and having jaundice. Even deep breathing and TV/phone games are helping. But little dude is only 12 days old and I thought D-MER didn't manifest this early?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ishah2124 View Post
    Nope not at all, I don't know whats up but it's just breast feeding whenever I do it, I just don't want to do it for some reason -_-
    So you don't have the symptoms when you pump? If that's the case, it makes sense that you would only want to pump.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jill.loxterman View Post
    I'm having anxiety a half hour before the "scheduled" 2.5-3hr feedings my doc recommended because of little dude being 3wks early and having jaundice. Even deep breathing and TV/phone games are helping. But little dude is only 12 days old and I thought D-MER didn't manifest this early?
    Where did you read that?

Way too lazy for formula

Hi, I've experienced D-MER while nursing both my children. I nursed each of them for 12 months had D-Mer for the whole 12 months with both of them. I attributed it to post-partum depression but I just recently found out about D-MER and its symptoms and it's exactly what I have. Have you checked out the website www.d-mer.org? It has some really great info. There are different levels of intensity for D-MER and mine is pretty severe. It doesn't help to try to distract myself or focus on my baby. I hated breastfeeding the whole time I did it and resented the fact that I felt like I had to breastfeed because we couldn't afford formula. And I hated it when women would talk about how much they loved to breastfeed and how it brought them closer to their baby. Breastfeeding never did that for me. I'm pregnant with my third baby and plan to breastfeed again (for us there isn't really an alternative). However, this time around I'm going to try some of the herbs talked about on the D-MER website and hopefully that will help. You can also talk to your doctor about getting a prescription.