Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrush?!?!?! God not again!

Default Re: Thrush?!?!?! God not again!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sarahnell View Post
    Look, with all due respect, that's not what my post was about. It was about thrush. She'll be with my mom. She has my milk. She'll be fine. It's 2 days, not two weeks.

Your post made me feel like I'd be doing something wrong by leaving when that had not even occurred to me before. I stay at home. She gets me 24/7. Do you say this stuff to moms who have to work a lot? That's not cool. 2 days with a responsible caregiver will not traumatize an infant. Jesus Christ.
    Chillax man. Working moms don't also stay overnight and if they do it isn't this early on. I realize that this isn't what your question was but I wanted to make sure that your supply doesn't dip after the time away or that you don't get mastitis from inadequate milk removal. That's why I asked if she can come with you and what type of pump you have.

Cool. I guess I just felt attacked. I never leave my kids EVER but I have to go to this wedding with my husband and honestly we haven't done anything together on our own in like over 2 years. Gotta take care of your marriage in order to be there for your kids, you know? I have a Medula Pump in Style and it works fine. Taking it with me and pumping in place of feedings.

And y'all that replied... Thanks! I checked her cheeks and no white spots, she's acting fine, eating fine, just had a white tongue, so I'm just gonna keep an eye on her and I to make sure we don't develop symptoms. Thanks everyone for the advice. I feel better about it now!
    Proud mama of baby Ava Lee 09/16/09 6lb 15.5oz
    And introducing... Vera Anne! 7lb 6oz 9/26/11

Ava Lee self-weaned at 15 months
    Vera for 1 month now... Our goal is one year!
    I support AP!

I gota plugged duct that felt a lot like mastitis when I had an overnight away from ds at 4 months. It wasn't even 24 hrs. So that was my first thought when you said two days away. Just wanted to make sure you were prepared, if not that you had the opportunity to be.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    I gota plugged duct that felt a lot like mastitis when I had an overnight away from ds at 4 months. It wasn't even 24 hrs. So that was my first thought when you said two days away. Just wanted to make sure you were prepared, if not that you had the opportunity to be.
    I would get plugged ducts when I pumped a lot but didn't nurse at that age too. It was rough. Make sure to really massage your breasts and maybe massage them under a hot shower while you're there, to work out any kinks.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

OP, good luck! I understand about needing time for your marriage as being good for the whole family.
    This is why I love this place: Juno & JoMo had the guts and the kindness to let us know that there are some other factors to think of, and how to be prepared. Plus I learned a new term in English: chillax
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Can baby not attend the wedding? I've taken all of mine to weddings

EPing at that age for 2 days is a pain and probably way more work than you realize. 120 minutes every 24 hours, broken into at least 8 sessions. And I would still expect a decrease in supply with a PISA.

DH and I haven't done anything by ourselves overnight in over 7 years its all perspective
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    EPing at that age for 2 days is a pain and probably way more work than you realize. 120 minutes every 24 hours, broken into at least 8 sessions. And I would still expect a decrease in supply with a PISA.
    This is what we're trying to warn you about. For the amount of time you spend pumping, I don't know how fun it will be for you and your DH, etc. At two months, my DH would have been desperate for a little action, and I would have been too exhausted anyway. I'd be stressing about pumping. Anyway, in the end, for me, I would just take the baby. But that's me.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.