Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: eliminating bottles

Question eliminating bottles

So I visited a lactation consultant today and since I am producing milk now she told me to eliminate bottles and try alternative feeding methods. She gave me a cup, a sns, a soft feeder and told me to finger feed which ever works.. let me tell you.. I have one very fussy baby on my hands! Any tips? How long is it going to take for my son to forget the bottle? I had one lc say a day, and another said a week.

Default Re: eliminating bottles

It's hard to say. We don't really know how well infant memory works, because they can't tell us. Just keep at it with the finger feeder and the SNS and whatnot- hopefully you will see a breakthrough soon. Are you trying to get the baby to latch as much as possible? The breast might look pretty good to him after a while...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yeah o am offering my breast as much as possible. It breaks my heart. I just want him to be happy

A few days of unhappy baby will turn into years of a mutually satisfying relationship.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Finger feed?? What's that??