Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLS on the go

Default Re: BLS on the go

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    That's what I remember doing with DS1 when we were out eating but DS2 doesn't have quite the same fine motor skills which means he tends to spread food around when he has a tray or table top. That, however, is more problematic when we are snacking without a tray, like last night.
    Can you have him sit on your lap with his food in front of him and yours far away? That's what I do if we are at an event where we don't need a booster. Or like him on one knee with you facing the other direction with your food. If that makes sense.

And I usually bring cheerios/puffs/organic snack thingies but that's usually just to hold him over while we wait for our food. He generally gets whatever we eat, or we order a side of veggies for him. BLS is great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    Can you have him sit on your lap with his food in front of him and yours far away?
    I've done this before while we've been out at picnics or downtown, and it's worked reasonably well for us.

I usually just get something for myself that I am comfortable giving to X, or I'll bring some fruit, veggies, some cut up roasted chicken or beef, cheerios, and/or those organic freeze dried yogurt snacks if I know there won't be anything that I can give him.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    BLS is great!!!
    Absolutely!!!

The others have covered what I use to take with us when we were out and about. I found the easiest things were whole apples (peeled and cored early on, but left whole), and pieces of cheese. I found cheerios messy

If it was a restaurant I didn't bring anything, and instead just ordered whatever veggie medley was being served and gave him things from my plate.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    I found cheerios messy
    This is my problem. With DS1 I could have a container of little things--cheerios, goldfish (the cracker, not the aquatic animal :grin) and he was able to pick them up reasonably easily. (Very good fine motor skills!) DS2 is much messier and could not just eat out of a bag or container if I didn't have a surface to spread them on.

I am thinking I might fix him some toast. Easier to grab than crackers or cereal.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting