Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLS on the go

Default BLS on the go

What do you take with you when you are going to be having meals on the go, specifically when your LO will not have a tray or a table? Tonight I took both of the boys to movie night at the elementary school (DD had a rehearsal). DS1 and I had pizza and nachos (real healthy, I know) and I had brought some apple slices for DS2. I also shared some pizza crusts with him and part of a pickle. I fed DD purees so I would have just brought a jar with us for this sort of circumstance. DS1 refused purees and ended up doing BLS by default, but I don't remember what things I brought along for snacks with him. DS1 did also had much better small motor skills than DS2 which obviously changes what he could eat.

To sum up, what are your on the go snack foods?
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Default Re: BLS on the go

I bring bunny crackers, banana slices, avocado slices, O's, sliced cucumber, steamed carrots, macaroni. Basically things that aren't that messy but I can hand one at a time to my son.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

wheat puffs or kamut puffs, shredded cheese, sliced cucumber/pickle/apple/pear/strawberry/grapes/any fruit relly, lunch meat or left over meat from the night before, pasta, yogurt, toast or bread i finger slices... i'm sure there is more in there that i've forgotten
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Apple slices, Cheerios, Rice cakes, string cheese, Celery, Cucumber spears, Blueberries, and ack mak.

Way too lazy for formula

I feed the pizza crust too, and I'll buy fruit, veggies, whatever. I'd have done what you did It's one meal. It's fine. I don't carry food with me too often any longer. I forgot it in my bag when we got home one too many times
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

On the other side of that my son is going to be 6 next month and I never go anywhere without food for him. Still. I don't rely on others or "being out" in terms of having to feed him stuff. And I always bring stuff so that when we are out and he gets hungry we always have healthy options.

Way too lazy for formula

rice cakes, carrot sticks, crackers, apples
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I always have some health cereal in his to go back, and while he is very capable of eating lots of stuff he enjoys freeze dried peaches the most if he cant have some sort of purree. Tried baby led solids but he really likes the purees and cereal so we just wing it

I just shared my food with Joe. But he hardly touched solids until he was almost a year, so the reality was that he didn't need more than a bite or two most of the time.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    I just shared my food with Joe.
    That's what I remember doing with DS1 when we were out eating but DS2 doesn't have quite the same fine motor skills which means he tends to spread food around when he has a tray or table top. That, however, is more problematic when we are snacking without a tray, like last night.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting