Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clicking noise ''/

Default Re: Clicking noise ''/

So..you are no longer breastfeeding?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    So..you are no longer breastfeeding?
    I did put him on the breast last night, he wouldn't feed after latching off once and wouldn't stop crying so I thought im not going to do it any more I'm just going to give the bottle and settle him on that because if I keep putting him on the breast and it keeps failing, he gets stresses and forgets how to suck the teat on the bottle

But if you don't do the work to get him back to the breast he won't do it. If you have been combo feeding all this time you are probably experiencing nipple preference BECAUSE there is so much less work involved in bottle feeding. They don't have to actively suck. Just swallow because milk is always dripping out of a bottle. Are you pumping and feeding him your milk? If so I want to encourage you keep at it. It's AT LEAST twice as much work to pump and feed. 4 weeks is still so young. You shouldn't give up. Your baby deserves to breastfeed. You both do.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    But if you don't do the work to get him back to the breast he won't do it. If you have been combo feeding all this time you are probably experiencing nipple preference BECAUSE there is so much less work involved in bottle feeding. They don't have to actively suck. Just swallow because milk is always dripping out of a bottle. Are you pumping and feeding him your milk? If so I want to encourage you keep at it. It's AT LEAST twice as much work to pump and feed. 4 weeks is still so young. You shouldn't give up. Your baby deserves to breastfeed. You both do.
    Aww, thank you I am expressing my milk and giving it to him I intend to keep at it then maybe just breastfeed in the butire I'm not sure but I think I will stick to pumping for now.

Hey, I rather your child get your milk via bottle than not at all. But I have been looking at your posts and I am worried you are making some hasty decisions in the heat of being overwhelmed in the beginning and am worried that in the long run you are making things worse for yourself rather than better. I understand that it's completely overwhelming to have a baby on your tit all day. But in the beginning it's also completely NORMAL. AND it's what's best for a newborn child. Everyone here spent the first 4-6 weeks AT LEAST in their PJs on the couching just feeding the baby. Rather than trying to figure out how to get away from that, you should embrace it. It's such a very very short time in your childs life and it's really so necessary. Your baby comes out with ONE GOAL. To get YOU to make milk. And it take WEEKS to regulate your supply. And it's Non-stop work That is the way it is. There is nothing wrong with the child wanting to spend hours at your breast. That is the way it works. It doesn't mean he isn't getting enough and it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Also think about it from your child's POV. Even if you nursed and held your son for 12hours a day that is STILL a 50% reduction in what he used in terms of being with you. He is used to being with you in you/on your 24/7. It's normal for him to want to be with you-CONNECTED to you all the time. Breastfeeding does that for a child. They crave all that skin to skin time. And the first months are literally a time for you and your child to find your groove and get to know one another. Bottles if used should NOT be introduced until the 4-6 week point specifically BECAUSE they cause nipple confusion and you run the risk of having your baby reject your breast. Which is the water you seem to be wading into. And really it's usually all down hill from there. Especially since you seem to have chosen to introduce the bottle because you want feeding to take LESS time. But how can it? think about it. You will always have to nurse the pump and THEN feed the baby. And that is before you get into heating up and washing bottles. It will take you twice as long AT LEAST. The time investment in the long run is MORE trust us. So then what? I think you need to change your paradigm a little bit. The most important job you have right now IS to feed the baby. It SHOULD be taking up most of your day. You should wake up with that one goal in mind. You should set up a nursing station. A place with the remotes, the phones, books or magazines and laptop. I got up to pee, change diapers and get more snacks. I didn't venture out of the house until my child was 5 weeks old. YES it's intense. YES it can be overwhelming. But it's a small amount of time to invest in your childs health and well being overall. And that is exactly what breastfeeding is. And investment in your child's overall health and well being. If you are already so overwhelmed that you think EPing is the answer, than I fear where you go from there? With a child who will is no longer willing to do the work involved in feeding at breast? It doesn't leave you a lot of options. I encourage you to let the bottle go for a few days as well as the idea that the baby shouldn't need to be with you all day. Take the baby to bed. Have a nurse in. Get your son back to your breast and let him stay there. I promise you you will NEVER be sorry you did the work to make this relationship successful long term.

Way too lazy for formula

Yes, exactly what the above poster said. I replied to another thread you wrote wanting to know if formula was the answer for your grunting fussy baby and now I am wondering if the bottle may be the issue. If he was clicking on the bottle, he may be getting too much air in his stomach. I strongly strongly encourage you to get him back to the breast. It spent matter how you slice it, breast is easier in the long run. Put in the work now for he pay off later. Breastmilk is like magic, keeps away illness, makes people healthier overall. I fear that is you decide on pumping and bottles that you will in the end switch to formula completely. Pumping has it's own drawbacks that can be hard to overcome. Night feeds are what come to mind on when it's just easier to breast feed straight from the tap. No bottle to prepare, just whip it out.

Ahhhhhhh i'm just so confused it what to do honestly one minute I am saying i will breastfeed and the next he's got a bottle in his mouth. I agree with everything you have said I honestly do but when I breastfeed I always end up using bottles as he stresses and cried EVERYTIME i breastfeed as he lets the first latch go and then never ever latches on, leaves me in tears sometimes as it gets tooo much and then he has to be fed because there is NO way he latches on after latching off and then there comes the bottle because he HAS to have milk as hes hungry.
    Even when he latches on after latching off..he will fight with me and shake his head from side to side and will not take the breast. This was before giving him the bottle aswell as now.

Have you tried getting him to latch I the bath? Babies tend to relax in the tub and will latch more easily. Also, try when he asleep or half asleep. Once he gets used to it again it will be easier. Have you undressed him and removed your own shirt to try breast feeding skin to skin? That is helpful too. Try skin to skin, in bed all day songs can smell your milk and get comfy with your breast again.

What about an sns if none of the above work.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Have you tried getting him to latch I the bath? Babies tend to relax in the tub and will latch more easily. Also, try when he asleep or half asleep. Once he gets used to it again it will be easier. Have you undressed him and removed your own shirt to try breast feeding skin to skin? That is helpful too. Try skin to skin, in bed all day songs can smell your milk and get comfy with your breast again.
    I have tried the sin to skin yeah. Not the bath. I will try breast again then.