Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaning and nausea?

Default Weaning and nausea?

I started slowly weaning my almost 13 month old. We have been cutting a feeding out every 3 to 4 weeks. Last Friday we went down to 2 feedings a day. I have been feeling extremely nauseated and have had cramps and some spotting. I didn't have any of these issues when weaning my firstborn. Is this a normal side effect of weaning? It's possible I'm pregnant but I've never had spotting daily while pregnant before. Any thoughts or advice? I'd hate to waste more money to pee on a stick if this is completely normal.
    SAHM to Micah born 6-29-08 and Naomi born 10-17-10.

Default Re: Weaning and nausea?

I'd pee on a stick. That sounds more likely to be associated with pregnancy or cycle hormones than with weaning hormones to me. I had daily spotting and cramping with my second for weeks during early first trimester.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

sounds like another bun in the oven...i was breastfeeding when i found out i was pregnant with my 3rd and i was spotting and cramping after nursing...my two girls are 12 months and 4 days apart ((get the test at least you'll have peace of mind))
    Good luck

So I took a test just to put my mind at ease and to my surprise it was actually POSITIVE! We are excited for another little one to join our family. I'm a bit nervous since I've had spotting for a week now. I really hope that's nothing and everything is okay. It's amazing how peeing on a little stick can change your life! I have no clue about nursing while being pregnant either as that was never planned on. I guess we'll figure it out.
    SAHM to Micah born 6-29-08 and Naomi born 10-17-10.

Congratulations! Lots of mamas on this forum have nursed through pregnancy, so you should find lots of people to answer any questions you may have. I know one thing that often happens is that moms lose their milk supply during pregnancy, so you may find that the weaning process is going to go a lot faster than anticipated.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

First of all, congratulations! I had the same problems, headaches, nausea, and was very emotional. I took like 4 preg tests but for me, they were all negative.
    Breastfeeding-Diet.org | Breastfeeding diet for a healthy mom and baby