Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek Capsules.

Default Fenugreek Capsules.

Hi giiirls

My milk supply is going low, I was wondering if anyone had taken fenugreek capsules to increase milk supply and did it work?

If they work I'm thinking of getting fenugreek caplsules that are 520g, how many times a day would I take them?

Thanks

Default Re: Fenugreek Capsules.

I took them for about 2 months, and I do think that they helped. My supply definitely increased (but I also increased my pumping sessions too).

For the dosage, I used this as a guide: http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...ek.html#dosage and kind of experimented with just how many to take. I started out lower and then increased when I didn't see results.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

they were a great help to me as well. I also used mothers milk tea (that helped me drink enough fluids throughout the day) I also used fennel tea bags added to the mmilk tea bags (4each) made a gallon of tea, and I took blessed thistle and red rasberry leaf with the fenagreek, With the fgreek you need to take enough so that your pee smells like surup, I was taking 6 fengreek 3 bl th, 3 rsbrry 3times a day. My supply was REALLY REALLY low! I also pumped after EVERY BF session for the first 3mo. But now my supply is great idk if i even need to take them anymore but Im a bit paronoid so
    My DS is 9mo and I was able to go from supplementin every feeding to EBF, for the past 3 months now

jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

I took them and they worked for me too. The only problem was that it gave DS tummy issues... Now I just take the high calorie route and eat lots of Oatmeal Cookies
    July 27 2011

Thanks ladiessss