Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I hurt all over.

Default I hurt all over.

I EBF my almost-7-month old.

After any period of inactivity, my joints feel like I have pulled muscles. Fingers, elbows, shoulders - and omg, my feet! When I stand up, it feels like my arches are about to drop. After I get moving, I don't feel so bad any more.

Is this a relaxin issue? I feel like I'm 90 years old.

Default Re: I hurt all over.

I don't think it's relaxin left over from pregnancy; that should go back to normal (if you're not pregnant again, anyway) within a month PP. Have you seen a doctor? Achy joints can be caused by a variety of things.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

maybe the onset of the flu?
    July 27 2011

This has been going on for a while now, I've been ignoring it but I really hurt just laying in bed even.

I thought I read somewhere that relaxin continues to be produced while breastfeeding. I was hoping that was the case rather than the alternatives. Guess I need to call the doc, but which doc? OB, endocrinologist, gp, rheumatologist?

Start with the GP. An endocrinologist is going to look for problems with your glands, a cardiologist will look for an explanation that involves the heart, an ob/gyn's frist instinct will be to explore causes related to your reproductive system. But the GP should be looking at all systems about equally, instead of immediately honing in on the system that is his/her particular speciality. One thing you might want to think about is Lyme disease- that can cause a lot of aches and pains.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I can't find much about relaxin after pregnancy (just that "its role in humans remains under study").

Did you feel like this during your pregnancy and it just didn't go away? Or has there been a change since your baby was born?

Getting it checked out is a good idea in any case. If you get a chance, let us know what you find out.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

For what it's worth, I've experienced something similar since having my baby--except I only feel this in my feet and legs. It's usually when I get up from bed, after sleeping for a few hours. My feet in particular hurt when I step on them, and it's almost like I can feel the blood slowly going back to feet and legs. After walking a little the feeling goes away. Not sure what it is but when I read your description it sounded similar. So if you find out I'd be very interested!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Just back from the doc. Waiting on some blood test results. Checking thyroid, arthritis indicators, and general blood levels on a bunch of stuff. If we find the cause, I'll let you know.

I have been very stiff and achy lately too...I though I was just getting old. I'm going to the dr in 2 weeks I will ask him too.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I felt that way...and i started losing a ton of weight. But i had tons of tests done all of which revealed nothing. I feel all achy plus im a stay at home mom and even though I feel like i run myself ragged im still stiff. I found yoga helped me quite a bit. I think some of it is the nutrients the breastmilk uses.
    Are you still taking your prenatal?