Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump in style vs. Freestyle?

Question Pump in style vs. Freestyle?

Just wondering what the difference is between the Medela Pump in Style and the Medela Freestyle?

Is there much of a difference?

I'm looking at getting a good pump this time around. i went through 4 cheaper with DD and wished i would have just spent the up front money to buy a good one the first time around instead of cutting costs and getting a cheap one that would break so quickly.
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Default Re: Pump in style vs. Freestyle?

I've use both and thought the performance was similar. For me a big "plus" for the freestyle is the small size, portability & running off a rechargeable battery.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Default Re: Pump in style vs. Freestyle?

Very similar performance-wise. But the Freestyle fits in my purse, which was a huge benefit for me in my situation.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!