Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Free Nipple Graft Reduction

Default Free Nipple Graft Reduction

While reading the BFAR book, I discovered that the free nipple graft technique has the least likelihood of producing milk. Unfortuately, this is the type of surgery I had seven years ago. That was deeply discouraging and I almost want to just say forget it and not try. I am 32 weeks pregnant and REALLY wanted to BF my new baby. Has anyone that has had this type of reduction had any success with BFing? By success I mean any milk production whatsoever. It doesn't matter how little. I don't mond having to supplement, even if it is more supplementing than my own milk. Thanks a million to anyone that has info...

Default Re: Free Nipple Graft Reduction

I think you might get more knowledgeable responses from the bfar.org forums: http://bfar.org/. I wish you the best of luck!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks

Even a small amount of milk is great for your baby. Unfortunately, after a reduction, most women don't know how much milk they can make unless they try. But for most women, it's worth at least trying.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.