Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Canine teeth = no milk

Default Canine teeth = no milk

I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience with these darn canine teeth. My DD is getting in her bottom canines and literally wants no more milk. It's been a week and a half with little to no milk. I sincerely hope it's not cold turkey weaning. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for these past almost 2 weeks wondering if I should just give up. I can't even go near the nursing chair without her going into hysterics as if I'm there to torture her All I can do is cry... She sits on my lap and fiddles and fiddles and fiddles until I just can't sit there anymore. It's taking up so much of my day now! I keep my tank buttoned up so as not to pressure her and then she gets mad that I don't have it unbuttoned...so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't... BUT I'm hoping that with her *upset* over my tank not being open means she does want to eventually go back to nursing after the teeth come in?????

She'll try to latch and barely make contact...back off and put her finger in her mouth(she's not talking yet). She doesn't even try it. So I guess she associates nursing with pain now. Not sure how to overcome that at 22 months now. Will these last teeth wean her from all milk?!
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Nursed DD1 for 28 months and am now nursing DD2 going on 8 months!

Default Re: Canine teeth = no milk

She might want to nurse after her teeth come in. Could you pump in the mean time to keep your supply? Will she take a bottle? Just trying to think of ways to get some breatmilk in her. Is she eating well otherwise and staying well nurished and hydrated?
    It'll be alright. This is a season.
    Mom to a curious little one.
    Made it to 1 year!!

Default Re: Canine teeth = no milk

Unfortunately at 22 months I can no longer get any milk out with a pump...maybe a few drops. The pressure is starting to build up and it's getting uncomfortable. Day 14 and still no milk I wonder if it's just going to dry up at this point

I'm just so frustrated and tired worrying about this... The stress that it's causing... "should I offer?" "should I not offer?" exhausted...
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Nursed DD1 for 28 months and am now nursing DD2 going on 8 months!