5 10.00%
  • 4 or more

4 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: coffee..caffeinE

Default Re: coffee..caffeinE

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

my coffee. I drink bte 1-4c a day depending on what I want.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I absolutely love my morning cup of black coffee. I drank way too much coffee before I got pregnant. I hate to be dependent on something, but I was definitely addicted and couldn't function without it.

Coffee has a profound affect on my mood as well. I feel like I'm unusually receptive to it for my dopamine levels or something. Yeah, I'm just making this up, but I swear it's true.

A couple times in my life, I've been instructed to completely eliminate caffeine, and I will say, after about 2-3 weeks and horrible withdrawals, my energy levels were much more stable and I had more energy overall.
    Last edited by @llli*pizanite; November 6th, 2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: misspelled word = not enough coffee yet ;)
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Personally I won't touch the stuff while I'm breastfeeding, but that's just me. I don't think the available research is comprehensive enough in terms of outcomes measured. But I do miss coffee so very much, oh well my body really has gotten used to life without caffeine.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    sorry, without caffiene in my bloodstream to fuel bursts of energy, I am less easily provoked into rage and am nearing a trance-like state of sleep deprivation. sort of.

but yea the facebook people, they endlessly commented on my caffiene quitting with how they could never ever give up their coffee. and how it is so good for you now (studies have shown), etc etc. I don't disagree! you'd think i said I was going to quit sleeping or something
    HAVE to have IT!!!
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

Well for all the people who think the ingest no caffine, I wonder if they stopped eating chocolate???? I drank only decaf while pregnant, & drank a mix of decaf & regular until I went back to work, but I'm back to 2 regular cups of coffee a day. I dont drink any soda & only herbal teas, so my major forms of caffiene are coffee & chocolate. I have noticed that it does effect my DS when I have too much.
    Mommy to Christopher 02/26/11 my miracle baby

I've never noticed an effect on my baby. But all babies are different. It makes me feel happy too BUT it can also make me feel very anxious. It all depends on my mood overall I think. When my DD was little I had to stop drinking it because of the anxiety I had with leaving her to go to work - caffeine made it much worse.
    Proud mom of 2:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    Mostly b/c I'm lazy...DH quit since it was giving him heartburn. He was a 4 or 5 cup a day drinker and quit for a juice fast and noticed that his heartburn that he had to take rx meds for disappeared overnight. Once he quit for good, I was making barely 8 oz a day for myself and I was tired of cleaning the damn pot, emptying the grounds. I love coffee but I hate dishes more. I hated having to wake up first thing and make it. Yea I'm lazy! Now if I could pop over to starbucks and have it made for me yea, but thats not happening.
    I am a coffee addict and an enabler. This was the best $3 I ever spent.

https://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+007&Cat=

I honestly don't know why I am such an addict. I only have one cup every morning, but if I don't get that cup, watch out! Headaches, foggy mind, irritable, yuck!
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I drink mucho coffee. All day long. When I was nursing Nora I'd stop drinking it after about 2 pm because I noticed it would affect my her sleep. It didn't affect my son the same way.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    I am a coffee addict and an enabler. This was the best $3 I ever spent.

https://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+007&Cat=

I honestly don't know why I am such an addict. I only have one cup every morning, but if I don't get that cup, watch out! Headaches, foggy mind, irritable, yuck!
    Just got one of these :thumbs up
    Proud mom of 2: