Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep question....(kinda long)

Default Re: Sleep question....(kinda long)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    I don't know if there is anything regular about children's sleep patterns except that they are always changing.
    wss
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

OMG. If Joe still slept the way he did at 6 months, I would have passed on to the better world on high by now.

At six months, Joe already had three or four teeth, and was up every 45 min to an hour, all.night.long. He had seven or eight teeth by eight months. All his teeth came in at once. It was HARD.

At 2.5 years, he pretty much STTN. Never thought I would say that, but it's true. Sometimes he stirs and whines and we take him to bed around 4 a.m., where he just rolls over and falls to sleep. It's SO DIFFERENT.

I totally hear that things are really hard right now, and I sympathize. A lot. But I just didn't want you to believe that this is in any way permanent. Six months seems like a really restless time for a lot of kids.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I agree with the pp's about an earlier bedtime. Around this time my son went from a 10:30 bedtime to now going to sleep at 7:30 (he is 6.5 months). This happened gradually, we just put him to bed about 15-30 minutes earlier every few nights and eventually ended up with 7:30 seeming to be the perfect time for him now. But yeah, their sleep changes a lot.

I also can't co-sleep. I get a horrible crick in my neck and just generally feel uncomfortable because DS wants to be latched the entire time. What we do now is, when he wakes up in his room my husband goes to get him, then I latch him on and fall asleep. I usually wake about 45 min - 1 hour later and I sit up with him still attached, walk him back to his room and switch my nipple for his binkie, then lay him in his crib. This works pretty well, usually only have to do this twice. I sleep so much better without him in bed, so I find the trade-off of getting up twice for about 2 minutes to be worth it.

Hi ladies.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful advice

I hope I answer everyones questions.

My bedtime routine...bath, lotion, pjs, nurse, rock, bed During the nursing and rocking I have a small lamp on in the room and nothing else.

I also notice that he gets fussy and falls asleep around 8pm till around 9pm. Should I lay him down to bed at 8pm?? I laid him down once...just once about 45min early and in the middle of the night I was really uncomfortable. My breasts felt like they were gonna pop. It was also a mess to try and feed my son when he woke up to nurse. I felt like I had my newborn back with an oal

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****